Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"And this Saturday, November 5th, I will run my very first 5K race for Lauren and the Spierer family. "

We support Malorie Janasek has she runs the 5k to raise funds to #FindLauren. All our love and luck, Malorie, during your final days of preparation!

"While I may have started as a stranger, over the past months, I have become Lauren's "friend." One of the most heartbreaking (and telling) things about this case is the deafening silence-- silence from both Lauren's friends and from those known to be last with Lauren that night. No one is talking. For almost 5 months now, I have filled in this void and acted as a voice for Lauren. I have also become extremely close with the Spierers, who now reside in Bloomington, living only minutes from campus and only seconds away from where Lauren was last seen on video that night.

The Hot Chocolate 15K/5K race is on November 5th-- 2 days after the 5th-month mark of when Lauren was last seen on June 3rd. To contribute to the ongoing search for Lauren, I am asking for a donation of $5 dollars that will go directly to the Help Find Lauren Spierer Search Fund. Your donation, whatever amount, will represent your support of my first 5K race and, most importantly, support Lauren's family and friends who continue to search for answers every day.

You can donate here. -- just click the CHIPIN button on the right-hand side (under the widget showing the amount of money raised so far). You can also donate through the IU Hillel website. If through Hillel, please mention that your donation is for "Malorie's 5K run" in the notes section so that I know and can then add you to my list of supporters."